20060105

Do not use Firefox on Macs!

Firefox optimized for Macintosh G3, G4 and G5
What? Did I go bananas?

Nope, use one of the optimized builds for Mac. There are G3, G4 and G5 versions and they have a better icon ;)

Advice: don't get the latest one, get Firefox 1.5 because the newer ones are for Firefox 1.6 alpha and most extensions won't work with them.

By the way, I had to reinstall half my extensions after changing to the optimized build because they were disabled for no apparent reason. And had to do it again if I opened the 'traditional' Firefox so now I am only using the optimized build. They open up much faster and do not have that aggravating delay when opening new windows. Worth checking out.

By the way, did you know you can blog directly from Writely? Just put your blog settings and click on the blog button to post it to any blog you have!

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: