20060225

ClamXav - free virus scanner

ClamXav is a free virus scanner for Mac OS X. It uses the very popular ClamAV open source antivirus engine as a back end.

Why get an antivirus for Mac OS X? Well, viruses for Mac OS X are appearing now, but they shoudn't even concern us Mac users. But you can be still infected if you use a Pc Emulator such as Virtual PC.

And not being infected does not stop you from spreading virus to other Windoze users. I did a scan on my Home directory and found 6 Windows viruses, which of course won't affect me but I may have helped spread it.

The good thing about this app is that it takes little CPU cycles, so you can scan and do other things (even on my olde iMac G3 it does not get in the way). The bad thing is that it's slow as hell to scan files.

1 comment:

mac virus scan said...

Hello, thanks for posting this information, I was trying to find information on this topic –this was very helpful.