20060301

Keeping Gmail open all the time / Sunrise Browser

Since I love Gmail and I keep it open all the time, I use the lightest browser I can to keep a window opened with it so it won't affect my CPU's performance.

My browser of choice for that is Sunrise Browser (I've posted about it in this link). It uses Safari's Webkit engine. So Gmail's built-in chat won't work too, but for me, that's less annoyance.

Just make sure you access your Gmail using the URL http://mail.google.com/gmail?nocheckbrowser - or Gmail will be loaded in HTML mode (for theoretically unsupported browsers), which sucks big time.

Update: I was just going to complain that it's a pity Sunrise Browser seemed dead, but it has been recently updated. Go take a look!

2 comments:

Gregory Dziedzic said...

Just had a try. Crashed twice in two minutes. Far too unstable. Pity, can't find a satisfying browser on OSX.

free Application for mac said...

This is the post where we are listing out few great free tools for Mac Operating System